L’Arche de Zoé’s pre-school is the continuation of the nursery, for children from 3 to 5 years of age. Thus the transition from nursery to pre-school takes place in ideal conditions. The teaching syllabus prepares each child for primary school and is tailored to the direction their future schooling will take, i.e. the English or the French system.
Children from 3 to 5 years
Monday to Friday, from 8.30am – 2.30pm
Free childminding facility, from 7.30am to 8.30am and 2.30pm to 5pm.
Closed on Public holidays and during school holidays – dates set by L’Arche de Zoé
• 9 fully qualified teachers
• 4 fully qualified assistants
• 3 cleaning staff
• 2 cooks and 2 kitchen assistants
The Pre-school can welcome up to 75 children, divided in 5 classes. There are two in-takes in the year: January and September.
- 3 Small Classes
- 1 Middle Class
- 1 Big Class
All classes are bilingual (English and French) and prepare the children for both school systems.
The children also have access to a communal area for group activities and lunch time.
• Early Childhood Care Education Authority approved curriculum
• Introduction to bilingualism (English/French)
• Arts and crafts with different themes
• Interactive puppet and theatre play
• Action songs & singing accompanied by the guitar
• Outdoor play in our garden
• Educational and Fun Outings
• A cooked meal and dessert is freshly prepared on the premises each day by the L’Arche de Zoé cooks, for the children in the pre-school.
• Parents are expected to supply a morning and afternoon snack for their child.
Hygiene and safety
L’Arche de Zoé places much importance on high standards of hygiene and safety.